Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Acting Rolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just watched the Amber Frey story. Is it just me or would Cherie been a much better actress for this role?? I also think Cherie would have been a better choice for the heroine in Batman Beginnings, as Padman Amadala (in Star Wars 1-3), and in T.V, as Lilith on Cold Case.
    What do you think?? Is it just me?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, Raven, it's not just you! I've always known that Cherie was a naturally gifted actress.
    To me, the business is like a slot machine. It's got no rhyme or reason to why sometimes we win, and sometimes we don't. Because if it were solely about talent, we'd see Ms.Currie playing all of those roles!

  3. #3
    Stanley68
    Guest Stanley68's Avatar

    Post

    Well, anyone who has read Cherie's book knows that she was posed for great things in her acting career before she was temporarily derailed by drugs -- and Hollywood is mercifully unforgiving. The term blackballed wasn't created for nothing.

    Be that as it may, I've been saying for some time now that this is a good time for Cherie to get back on board with her acting. Indie movies are hot and I bet a lot of those Indie directors grew up listening to the Runaways -- there's got to be a few anyway. They're also will to take more chances when they feel in their gut the person is right for the role over someone with a bigger name. Indie films also have next to nothing budgets, so ...

    Maybe Cherie should start back doing some theatre. ??? I think she'd be really good in one of Del Shores' productions/movies. Anyone seen Sordid Lives?

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I don't think ancient history has anything to do with it and Cherie seems to be thoroughly enjoying what she's doing now days!
    Maybe the actress will emerge again. I'd love it!

    She can do whatever makes her happy
    and steal the show in doing so!

    I especially like how being a Mom is her TOP priority! Very cool!

    Cherie Rocks, 4 sure!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus, I totally agree. The lady is definitely a great example of how we all must go forward and live in the now, embracing new endeavors and challenges; Above all, being a Mom is the top priority, as Cherie has proven.
    As far as theater is concerned, I too would LOVE to see Cherie give that a go, should it come up! Lord knows she's got stage presense!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ravensong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2005
    Posts
    164
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I know first hand about the industry, and I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Hollywood is only forgiving if you make A LOT of noise.
    I cannot find Cherie's book.
    On the comment about drugs : newsflash : Hollywood pushes drugs. Especially on the music side of things. Believe me, I know.
    I would love to see Cherie act again, but I'm very relieved to see that she is happy. That's all that really matters. Not fame, not fortune, and definately not dying for those things.
    Thanks for the supportive feedback.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic